Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Identity?


Procrastination is a good thing, or so I thought, up until that moment when I realized that such a thing exists. It is a bit like The Game --- the game I alluded to in my previous post. You keep winning till you realize that you are playing it, at which point you lose The Game. Procrastination works in a funnily similar way {not sure if "funnily" is a legit word and not interested in a dictionary search right now}. So, I finally was pushed over the edge and into restarting 1:34 am by a friend of mine, who managed this feat brilliantly. You see, the reason I was procrastinating was that I thought there was nothing worth writing about. That friend, somehow (maybe with arrows) convinced me that it was not so. Hence, the blog restarted. Now, what was I going to write about again...? Ah, right, a quick peek at the title helped: Identity! A question of who we are, who we were, and who we might end up being. Let us try and explore that question in a little more detail in the next paragraph.


At this juncture let me disclaim {another word that I am not certain exists, but who cares} that this has nothing to do with the somewhat-enjoyable movie Identity, nor with its absolutely trashbag Hindivisation {hmmm, my internal dictionary seems to have gone offline --- good show!}. What I want to write about here is the interesting dilemma I faced this afternoon, and the way it was resolved. To put things in a nutshell, I was offered a nice offer by a nice company that offers nice offers --- this offer was rather nice: I was to get some shiny things and one more shiny thing for a third of the price...or if one thinks alternately, the shiny things were free and I had to pay for the shiny thing. Tough decision! The amount I had to pay to get all shiny things, singular and plural, was about the refractive index of water times my monthly acquisition. Not too-o bad, if one thinks about it. Not a big huge amount to spend for a truckload of adamantium and a juicy purple fruit (which is somewhat spectral-nomenclaturely weak). So I was in a dilemma. To be, or not to be!


Most of the people who read this blog do the same thing I do: they try and discover that nature of all things, boldly go where no one has gone before. Less romantically, they do research. For fun. For their daily bread. But mostly, for fun. Notwithstanding JC and his gang, research is a nice thing to do {in fact, very much NotNotwithstanding JC et al}. And as far as I am concerned, College Street wins every time. So, matter has been resolved, this post also looks like a perfect jogakhichuri, and things move on. As always.

No comments:

Post a Comment